STERIS Steraffirm™ Bowie Dick Test Packs are pre-assembled single-use test packs designed to evaluate the performance of the air removal system of a pre-vacuum equipped sterilizer. Several versions of these test packs are available. They are calibrated to be compatible with pre-vacuum cycles operating at specific exposure temperatures or within a specified exposure temperature range (e.g., 121° C/250° F). They conform to the ISO 11140 (Type 2) standards. They are for use in Life Sciences applications only. They are not cleared for use in healthcare facilities in the United States.
HOW STERAFFIRM BOWIE DICK TEST PACKS WORK
STERIS Steraffirm Bowie Dick Test Packs should be placed over the drain each day to test your pre-vacuum steam sterilizer. During the cycle, the indicator ink will change from yellow to a blue/purple color. After the cycle is complete, the indicator card can be removed and kept for your records. Steraffirm Bowie Dick Test packs can help identify a problem before you have sterilization failures while helping to identify the potential source of the problem.
WHY STERAFFIRM BOWIE DICK TEST PACKS?
- Reliability – Preassembled single use test provides consistent testing of the pre-vacuum steam sterilizer cycles.
- Productivity – Distinctive, total color change from yellow to a blue/purple color provides a clear indication of a successful test.
- Easy to Validate – Each pack and indicator has a lot number and expiration date printed on it for easy documentation.
- Efficacy – Conforms to ISO 11140 Type 2 standards.
- Flexibility – Indicator can detect wet steam, superheated steam, and noncondensables in the steam supply to aid troubleshooting problems.